Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nokia 9300i Communicator Email Setup?

Hello,





Im trying to get my pop ntlworld email account up on my mobile but im experience problems. My network im on is O2. Im not sure if the settings are correct for the email setup. At the moment the settings are:





Servers-


Email account type: POP3


Outgoing email server: smtp.ntlworld.com


Incoming email server: pop.ntlworld.com


Use SMTP authentication: No


SMTP username:


SMTP password:





I have my 'Interent Access' set as O2 Mobile Web. When I connect to the internet on the Nokia 9300i Communicator I use the 'O2 WAP GPRS'. But I reading that the setting for mail on the email setting is O2 Mobile Web because the O2 WAP GPRS setting is for people who have an email account with O2.





When I go to messaging and down to NTL Mail Account and click receive mail. It says





'Problem Connecting GPRS: Subscribe to GPRS first'





Does this mean that ive to contact O2 and ask them that I want GPRS setup on my phone? Or is my settings wrong?





Regards

Nokia 9300i Communicator Email Setup?
according to : under family protection plans you can get


if the 2 way communicater will recive Yahoo! internet first


then yourself must down load http://yahoo.yahoomailbeta.com


to apply it's service as needed with "Cell Phones" following


private party line programs see below


http://yahoo.on-lineprotecion.com
Reply:Can you browse the internet (on the device) using the same access point? If you get the same error I would guess you don't have a GPRS plan.





Did you create this access point or did you enter the settings yourself? This can be tricky. If you entered them yourself maybe you have the settings wrong/


No comments:

Post a Comment