Sunday, May 23, 2010

How do i setup my yahoo email on my apple mail program?

Yahoo is web based e-mail, unless you pay for POP through Yahoo called "Mail Plus", available for $20/month. Just in case you don't know, POP is where the e-mail is downloaded to your compuer, but web-mail is stored on the server on the web. You can usually view POP mail through the web, but it doesnt work the other way around.





Solution: sign up for POP access. This will allow that cool e-mail feature to work. You can do that through your ISP for free, Yahoo and MSN charge a little bit. I use Bluebottle (it's free!) Then set up Mail according to the mail server settings.

How do i setup my yahoo email on my apple mail program?
You will need to Yahoo mail plus. Once you have done that you can configure your MAC email program to connect to a POP email service. There are instructions on Yahoo's web site on how to configure your specific email program.


No comments:

Post a Comment